By TAC Mentor DaJuan Johnson
No way! It’s the time for all the hard work you’ve been putting in all year long to pay off! And here are 5 Pro Actor Tips to help you navigate episodic season.
5. Absolute Yes Package. This cannot be said enough: Stay ready, so you don’t have to get ready! Design yourself for a yes and have all of your actor materials ready to go at a moment’s notice. This is something you can control. Your Absolute Yes Package includes: Your Reel, Your Headshot, Your Resume, Your Craft, Your Mindset.
4. Radar. Check in with your fans and get back on their radar. Here’s a quick tip on how to do that: Go back through everyone you’ve met with, had an awesome audition for or have a relationship with — and reach out to them! GET BACK ON THEIR RADAR. Smart working actors understand, fully accept and embrace the business side of the industry. I know you do too.
3. Keep Your Creative Tank On Full. Pick up a script and/or scene weekly! Have you ever heard, “A mind is a terrible thing to waste?” This so applies to your craft. Have you ever felt rusty with your acting? Here’s how to combat that rusty feeling. Memorize the lines, break apart the script — perform it. (Pro Tip: Split a showfax.com account with a friend and you’ll have new sides weekly at your fingertips)
2. Audition Success Plan. When you have a plan, you are less stressed. And I know you’ve gotten that last minute audition and wished you’ve had more time. Have a step by step plan written down, before you get the appointment. Here are some tips to get you started: First, ask yourself, what needs to happen for me to feel great walking out of the audition room? (Pro Tip. Write down the 3 people (or a coach) you’ll call to work with you on your auditions. Actually write them down. Whatever you need, write down a plan for it! )
1. Put YOU first. Stand guard at the door of your mind. What if you went into this time of year knowing that no matter the “desired results” everything is right on track? What would it take to fully embrace that thought? My secret…? Gratitude. I shift over into gratitude several times a day. I’m a firm believer in that.
I’ve always believed that success does, in fact, leave clues. That’s why I’ve made it super easy for you to hear Actor Pro Tips directly from working actors and industry experts. The Think Bigger Summit is a FREE virtual summit designed to help you take your career to the next level! Reserve your FREE spot for the Think Bigger Summit here.
DaJuan Johnson is a TAC Mentor who truly is the Mindset Guy. His mindset strategies are grounded in his real-life experience as a working actor. Check out all things DaJuan at www.thinkbiggercoaching.com.